Ecclestone declares Sebastian Vettel as the best
London: Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has declared Sebastian Vettel as the best driver in the sport.
Ecclestone heaped praise on the 24-year-old, who just won the Valencia Grand Prix and compared him with F1 legend Michael Schumacher, a daily reports.
“Sebastian is in a position similar to Michael (Schumacher). He is the best right now. Each race weekend starts with a big question – who will be able to beat Vettel,” Ecclestone was quoted as saying.
Ecclestone’s remarks have come as blow to Vettel’s archrival, Lewis Hamilton.
Hamilton has already seen the Red Bull racer steal his records as youngest pole sitter, youngest winner and youngest champion. And at the last race in Valencia he scored his 16th victory to move ahead of the McLaren ace on that score as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf