Editors Guild mourns Prabhash Joshi`s demise
New Delhi: The Editors Guild of India
today mourned the untimely demise of veteran journalist
Prabhash Joshi and described him as one of the pioneers of
"Joshi was one of the active member of the Guild who
had strived hard throughout his career in journalism to uphold
freedom of the press and worked for perfecting professional
standards," the Guild said in a statement.
"He was one of the pioneers of Hindi journalism who
introduced new styles of writing both in political and sports
fields," it said.
Joshi,72, died of a heart attack here last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city