EGoM meet on 3G spectrum over; FM mum on the issue
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday angrily refused to answer a question from the media about the outcome of a meeting of the Group of Ministers on the third generation (3G) spectrum allocation issue.
"Why should I tell the media," Mukherjee burst out when asked what decision had been taken at the meeting held at the finance minister`s chamber in Parliament House.
The meeting was attended by Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and Communication and Information Technology Minister A. Raja.
Following his outburst, an apprehensive-looking Raja tried to calm Mukherjee, asserting: "I have not invited the media."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress