EGoM meet on 3G spectrum over; FM mum on the issue
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday angrily refused to answer a question from the media about the outcome of a meeting of the Group of Ministers on the third generation (3G) spectrum allocation issue.
"Why should I tell the media," Mukherjee burst out when asked what decision had been taken at the meeting held at the finance minister`s chamber in Parliament House.
The meeting was attended by Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and Communication and Information Technology Minister A. Raja.
Following his outburst, an apprehensive-looking Raja tried to calm Mukherjee, asserting: "I have not invited the media."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal