EGoM meet on 3G spectrum over; FM mum on the issue
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday angrily refused to answer a question from the media about the outcome of a meeting of the Group of Ministers on the third generation (3G) spectrum allocation issue.
"Why should I tell the media," Mukherjee burst out when asked what decision had been taken at the meeting held at the finance minister`s chamber in Parliament House.
The meeting was attended by Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and Communication and Information Technology Minister A. Raja.
Following his outburst, an apprehensive-looking Raja tried to calm Mukherjee, asserting: "I have not invited the media."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened