EGoM meet on 3G spectrum over; FM mum on the issue
New Delhi: Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee Thursday angrily refused to answer a question from the media about the outcome of a meeting of the Group of Ministers on the third generation (3G) spectrum allocation issue.
"Why should I tell the media," Mukherjee burst out when asked what decision had been taken at the meeting held at the finance minister`s chamber in Parliament House.
The meeting was attended by Defence Minister A.K. Antony, Home Minister P. Chidambaram, Law Minister Veerappa Moily, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni and Communication and Information Technology Minister A. Raja.
Following his outburst, an apprehensive-looking Raja tried to calm Mukherjee, asserting: "I have not invited the media."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living