Elaborate medical arrangements for CWG
New Delhi: A medical team of close to 2000 people, including 386 doctors, will be deployed during the Commonwealth Games to make the mega event a health-hazard free sporting spectacle, the organisers said.
"We are arranging elaborate medical covers for athletes and also the spectators. This is one of the important aspects of the organisation. In fact, the team has already started supervising works in the city," Games` Chief Medical Officer Bharatinder Singh said at a press conference.
A total of 386 doctors will be part of the 1882-member team, which also includes 262 nurses, 103 physiotherapists, 95 message therapists and 179 medical volunteers.
"The three designated hospitals for the Games - G B Pant Hospital, JPN Apex Trauma Centre in AIIMS and Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital - are ready now. They would be used in case of any exigencies," Singh said.
Singh also hoped that the Sports Injury Centre at the Safdarjung Hospital would be ready soon.
Arrangements are also being made for a polyclinic at the Games Village, medical centres at all stadia, competition and training venues and road races, first-aid posts for spectators at competition venues and round-the-clock cover at the Main Press Centre and International Broadcasting Centre at Pragati Maidan.
"A polyclinic is coming up at the Games Village on an area of 850 square metre. It will work on 24X7 basis and will be manned by dedicated staff. It also has specialist doctors and a laboratory equipped with all updated facilities."
The Polyclinic will be handed over on September 7, while the medical centres at the stadia are all ready, he said.
There will also be 64 ambulances with 857 crew to offer round-the-clock services.
"We are also concentrating on the training venues because the athletes undergo tough drills at those venues and injury can take place at any time. The secondary staff support will be available all the time there," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical