Elbow injury forces Dhoni out of IPL for 2 weeks
New Delhi: Chennai Super Kings captain MS Dhoni would be out of IPL action due to an elbow injury. His place would be temporarily filled in by fellow teammate Suresh Raina who will don the mantle in a crucial match against Delhi Daredevils.
Dhoni had received a nasty blow on his elbow while facing Kolkata’s Shane Bond.
Earlier, Chennai Super Kings coach Stephen Fleming had said that Dhoni was expected to play in their next Indian Premier League match against Delhi Daredevils even though he was hit by a rising delivery from Kolkata Knight Riders fast bowler Shane Bond.
"He (Dhoni) has gone for an X-ray on his arm. We are hopeful that it`s nothing more than a bruising and that he is available. You have just seen how important he is," Fleming said after Dhoni led the team to a 55-run win over Kolkata Knight Riders.
Dhoni, who was awarded Man of the Match, resurrected the Chennai Super Kings innings with a 33-ball 66 to help them score 164 for three that proved to be a tall order for KKR who were shot out for 109 in 19.2 overs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad