Election of Puducherry Assembly Speaker on June 29
Puducherry: Election of Speaker to the
Puducherry Assembly would be held on June 29, Chief Minister N
Rangasamy said on Sunday.
Nominations would be received till June 28, Rangasamy, who
met Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh, told reporters here.
He said the candidate of his party AINRC would be announced
He said a notification on allocation of portfolios to the
newly inducted four ministers would be issued shortly.
Rangasamy, who met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home
Minister P Chidambaram last week at New Delhi, said he had
urged the Centre to write off Rs 4040 crores Puducherry
government owed to the Centre over the years.
On the criticism of the Union Minister of State for
Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy that law and order was in
a shambles in Puducherry during the last one and half months
Rangasamy said that all necessary steps had been taken to
ensure law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa