Election of Puducherry Assembly Speaker on June 29
Puducherry: Election of Speaker to the
Puducherry Assembly would be held on June 29, Chief Minister N
Rangasamy said on Sunday.
Nominations would be received till June 28, Rangasamy, who
met Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh, told reporters here.
He said the candidate of his party AINRC would be announced
He said a notification on allocation of portfolios to the
newly inducted four ministers would be issued shortly.
Rangasamy, who met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home
Minister P Chidambaram last week at New Delhi, said he had
urged the Centre to write off Rs 4040 crores Puducherry
government owed to the Centre over the years.
On the criticism of the Union Minister of State for
Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy that law and order was in
a shambles in Puducherry during the last one and half months
Rangasamy said that all necessary steps had been taken to
ensure law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth