Election of Puducherry Assembly Speaker on June 29
Puducherry: Election of Speaker to the
Puducherry Assembly would be held on June 29, Chief Minister N
Rangasamy said on Sunday.
Nominations would be received till June 28, Rangasamy, who
met Lt Governor Dr Iqbal Singh, told reporters here.
He said the candidate of his party AINRC would be announced
He said a notification on allocation of portfolios to the
newly inducted four ministers would be issued shortly.
Rangasamy, who met UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Home
Minister P Chidambaram last week at New Delhi, said he had
urged the Centre to write off Rs 4040 crores Puducherry
government owed to the Centre over the years.
On the criticism of the Union Minister of State for
Parliamentary Affairs V Narayanasamy that law and order was in
a shambles in Puducherry during the last one and half months
Rangasamy said that all necessary steps had been taken to
ensure law and order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?