Elevating partnership with US to damage India`s interests: CPI
New Delhi: CPI on Tuesday said that elevating
strategic partnership between India and the US to a new level
will afflict damages to the country`s national interests and
Alleging that most of US President Barack Obama`s
"rhetoric and pronouncements" on international and regional
affairs were "Sino-centric that do not conform to Indian
national interest", the party said the people of India should
"double their vigilance against the possible damages."
"US President Barack Obama came to India with detailed
economic agenda and with wish-list on foreign policy matters
that help to promote the `national interests` of his country
and resolve the deepening economic crisis there," said a
statement issued by the party`s Central Secretariat here.
"With the so-called elevating the strategic partnership
between India and USA at a new level the Indian people have to
double their vigilance against the possible damages to India`s
national interests economically and its prestige as a country
that had pursued an independent foreign policy for peace,
development and a multi-polar world order," it said.
The party said Obama was going back with all he desired
in the form of various trade agreements worth 15 billion
dollars to resolve the crisis faced by the US economy
controlled by the "military-industrial" complex.
"In return India has been assured of certain political
and strategic gains couched in the diplomatic phrases, that
need positive interpretation by the US lobby in this country,"
India will be "on probation" during the two years of
temporary membership of UNSC to claim permanent membership as
and when a UN reform is undertaken, the CPI said: "Test will
be India`s willingness to serve US interests in international
The party alleged that the UPA leadership failed to
demand the handing over of Warren Anderson, culprit of Bhopal
gas tragedy, and also failed to take "more explicit stand" on
Pakistani-American terror operative David Headley.
"More surprising is the fact that while India fell in the
trap of US-propagated concept of world terrorism, UPA
leadership failed to demand either the handing over of
Anderson, the culprit of Bhopal gas tragedy or take more
explicit stand on CIA agent Headley even while saying that the
culprits of 26/11 be brought to justice," it said.
The CPI, which staged protest across the country along
with other Left parties, also alleged that the US President
did not budge an inch on the threat to stop outsourcing to
India thus endangering jobs of thousands.
"On the foreign policy matters, US President Obama had
attempted to dictate terms in the form of advice on Iran and
respect for human rights in countries of their choice while
totally ignoring the outright violation of human rights by
Israel in Palestine," the CPI said.
"Attempts have been made to drag India in the
US-misadventures in South Asia particularly to seek Indian
involvement in Afghanistan militarily... the joint statement
failed to take any note of continued belligerence of Israel in
the Middle East," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview