Elmander ends goal drought as Sweden edge past Finland
Stockholm: Johan Elmander`s first international goal for two years gave Sweden a 1-0 victory over Finland in Wednesday`s friendly.
The Bolton Wanderers striker scored from close range, the ball deflecting into the net off keeper Otto Fredrikson, after good work by midfielder Anders Svensson in the 43rd minute.
The goal made up for an earlier miss by Elmander, who failed to hit the target when unmarked.
Sweden had several chances to make it 2-0 but were unable to capitalise.
They are fourth in World Cup Group One qualifying, seven points behind leaders Denmark.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference