Elmander ends goal drought as Sweden edge past Finland
Stockholm: Johan Elmander`s first international goal for two years gave Sweden a 1-0 victory over Finland in Wednesday`s friendly.
The Bolton Wanderers striker scored from close range, the ball deflecting into the net off keeper Otto Fredrikson, after good work by midfielder Anders Svensson in the 43rd minute.
The goal made up for an earlier miss by Elmander, who failed to hit the target when unmarked.
Sweden had several chances to make it 2-0 but were unable to capitalise.
They are fourth in World Cup Group One qualifying, seven points behind leaders Denmark.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof