Emami Q1 net up 35 pc at Rs 14.89 crore
New Delhi: FMCG firm Emami on Tuesday posted a
35.1 per cent rise in its consolidated profit after tax at Rs 14.89 crore in the first quarter ended June 30, 2009, over the same period last fiscal.
The company`s consolidated net sales increased by 48.7
per cent to Rs 187.09 crore in the quarter under review from
Rs 125.8 crore recorded in the same quarter last fiscal, a
"Emami has recorded substantial growth from its power
brands like Fair and Handsome, Navratna Oil, Boroplus
Antiseptic Cream among others," the company said.
On a standalone basis, however, the company recorded an
over five-fold dip in its net profit at Rs two crore in the
quarter ending June 30, 2009 as against the same period last
The company had a standalone net profit of Rs 11.17 crore
in the quarter ending June 30, 2008.
Besides, Emami`s standalone net sales increased by 21.4
per cent to Rs 149 crore in the quarter under review.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress