Employment Guarantee Policy for sportspersons
Chandigarh: Widening the scope of employment opportunities for outstanding sportspersons and to promote sports in a big way, Haryana chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda announced State`s Employment Guarantee Policy to ensure a secure future for the outstanding sportspersons of the state.
The policy includes employments in government departments, boards and corporations, reservation of seats for admission to professional or technical institutes and universities and setting up of Haryana Sports Development Fund.
Hooda, who announced this policy at a news conference here, said that sportspersons would be offered employment opportunities on the basis of their achievements.
He also announced the appointment of 37 outstanding sportspersons in the police department that includes 5 DSPs, 18 inspectors and 14 sub inspectors.
As sportspersons from the state brought laurels, winning medals in last year`s Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games, Hooda announced the appointment of Vikas Yadav (boxing), Sanam Krishnan (lawn tennis) and Krishna Poonia (athletics) in the police department.
Prior to this, 12 DSPs, 30 sub inspectors and 318 constables have been appointed under the sports quota.
He said that till now, the government was offering jobs to outstanding sportspersons only in police department.
The chief minister said that under the new policy, the medal winners of Olympic Games and gold medal winners of Asian Games would be offered the post of Class-II gazetted officers in government departments, boards and corporations.
The silver and bronze medal winners of Asian Games and gold and silver medal winners of Commonwealth Games and gold medal winners of World Championships, organised by sports federations, would be offered Class-III posts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof