England call up unheralded keepers Loach and Fielding
London: England have called two unheralded goalkeepers into their squad for Wednesday`s friendly at home to Hungary after Birmingham City`s Ben Foster pulled out with a back injury.
Under-21 international keepers Frank Fielding of Blackburn Rovers and Scott Loach of Championship (second division) side Watford have been drafted in as backup for Manchester City`s Joe Hart, the Football Association said on its website.
Blackburn`s first-choice keeper Paul Robinson was also named in the squad at the weekend but almost immediately announced his retirement from international soccer.
Sunderland striker Darren Bent has also been forced out of Wednesday`s squad with a back injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah