England call up unheralded keepers Loach and Fielding
London: England have called two unheralded goalkeepers into their squad for Wednesday`s friendly at home to Hungary after Birmingham City`s Ben Foster pulled out with a back injury.
Under-21 international keepers Frank Fielding of Blackburn Rovers and Scott Loach of Championship (second division) side Watford have been drafted in as backup for Manchester City`s Joe Hart, the Football Association said on its website.
Blackburn`s first-choice keeper Paul Robinson was also named in the squad at the weekend but almost immediately announced his retirement from international soccer.
Sunderland striker Darren Bent has also been forced out of Wednesday`s squad with a back injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!