England call up unheralded keepers Loach and Fielding
London: England have called two unheralded goalkeepers into their squad for Wednesday`s friendly at home to Hungary after Birmingham City`s Ben Foster pulled out with a back injury.
Under-21 international keepers Frank Fielding of Blackburn Rovers and Scott Loach of Championship (second division) side Watford have been drafted in as backup for Manchester City`s Joe Hart, the Football Association said on its website.
Blackburn`s first-choice keeper Paul Robinson was also named in the squad at the weekend but almost immediately announced his retirement from international soccer.
Sunderland striker Darren Bent has also been forced out of Wednesday`s squad with a back injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur