England call up unheralded keepers Loach and Fielding
London: England have called two unheralded goalkeepers into their squad for Wednesday`s friendly at home to Hungary after Birmingham City`s Ben Foster pulled out with a back injury.
Under-21 international keepers Frank Fielding of Blackburn Rovers and Scott Loach of Championship (second division) side Watford have been drafted in as backup for Manchester City`s Joe Hart, the Football Association said on its website.
Blackburn`s first-choice keeper Paul Robinson was also named in the squad at the weekend but almost immediately announced his retirement from international soccer.
Sunderland striker Darren Bent has also been forced out of Wednesday`s squad with a back injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?