England defender Cole signs new deal at Chelsea
London: England defender Ashley Cole has signed a new four-year deal with Chelsea, the Premier League leaders said on Wednesday.
A short statement on their website read: "Chelsea FC is delighted to confirm that Ashley Cole has signed a new four year contract."
Cole, 28, follows skipper John Terry in committing his long-term future to the club which he joined from Arsenal in August 2006. Terry signed a new five-year deal last week.
Currently with the England squad before Saturday`s friendly against Slovenia and next week`s World Cup qualifier against Croatia, Cole scored a superb goal on Saturday when Chelsea beat Burnley 3-0 in the Premier League.
He has been an integral part of Chelsea`s defence for the last three years and last season became the first player since 1891 to secure a fifth FA Cup winners medal when he was voted "man of the match" in the final against Everton. It was his second FA Cup win with Chelsea after winning three FA Cups with Arsenal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav