England defender Cole signs new deal at Chelsea
London: England defender Ashley Cole has signed a new four-year deal with Chelsea, the Premier League leaders said on Wednesday.
A short statement on their website read: "Chelsea FC is delighted to confirm that Ashley Cole has signed a new four year contract."
Cole, 28, follows skipper John Terry in committing his long-term future to the club which he joined from Arsenal in August 2006. Terry signed a new five-year deal last week.
Currently with the England squad before Saturday`s friendly against Slovenia and next week`s World Cup qualifier against Croatia, Cole scored a superb goal on Saturday when Chelsea beat Burnley 3-0 in the Premier League.
He has been an integral part of Chelsea`s defence for the last three years and last season became the first player since 1891 to secure a fifth FA Cup winners medal when he was voted "man of the match" in the final against Everton. It was his second FA Cup win with Chelsea after winning three FA Cups with Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?