England defender Cole signs new deal at Chelsea
London: England defender Ashley Cole has signed a new four-year deal with Chelsea, the Premier League leaders said on Wednesday.
A short statement on their website read: "Chelsea FC is delighted to confirm that Ashley Cole has signed a new four year contract."
Cole, 28, follows skipper John Terry in committing his long-term future to the club which he joined from Arsenal in August 2006. Terry signed a new five-year deal last week.
Currently with the England squad before Saturday`s friendly against Slovenia and next week`s World Cup qualifier against Croatia, Cole scored a superb goal on Saturday when Chelsea beat Burnley 3-0 in the Premier League.
He has been an integral part of Chelsea`s defence for the last three years and last season became the first player since 1891 to secure a fifth FA Cup winners medal when he was voted "man of the match" in the final against Everton. It was his second FA Cup win with Chelsea after winning three FA Cups with Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account