England defender Cole signs new deal at Chelsea
London: England defender Ashley Cole has signed a new four-year deal with Chelsea, the Premier League leaders said on Wednesday.
A short statement on their website read: "Chelsea FC is delighted to confirm that Ashley Cole has signed a new four year contract."
Cole, 28, follows skipper John Terry in committing his long-term future to the club which he joined from Arsenal in August 2006. Terry signed a new five-year deal last week.
Currently with the England squad before Saturday`s friendly against Slovenia and next week`s World Cup qualifier against Croatia, Cole scored a superb goal on Saturday when Chelsea beat Burnley 3-0 in the Premier League.
He has been an integral part of Chelsea`s defence for the last three years and last season became the first player since 1891 to secure a fifth FA Cup winners medal when he was voted "man of the match" in the final against Everton. It was his second FA Cup win with Chelsea after winning three FA Cups with Arsenal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'