England players booed in Wembley curtain-raiser
Wembley: The England players who flopped in the World Cup finals were booed by Manchester United and Chelsea fans every time they touched the ball in the opening stages of the Community Shield season curtain-raiser on Sunday.
In the first high profile match since England lost 4-1 to Germany in the secound round of the World Cup in Bloemfontein on June 27, the United fans jeered Chelsea players Ashley Cole, John Terry and Frank Lampard while the Chelsea supporters dished out the same treatment to United`s Wayne Rooney.
England coach Fabio Capello was also booed by fans of both teams when he took his place among the VIP seats shortly before the kickoff.
The Chelsea trio and Rooney will all be back at Wembley together on Wednesday when England play Hungary in a friendly international with a negative reception expected from the crowd again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie