England players booed in Wembley curtain-raiser
Wembley: The England players who flopped in the World Cup finals were booed by Manchester United and Chelsea fans every time they touched the ball in the opening stages of the Community Shield season curtain-raiser on Sunday.
In the first high profile match since England lost 4-1 to Germany in the secound round of the World Cup in Bloemfontein on June 27, the United fans jeered Chelsea players Ashley Cole, John Terry and Frank Lampard while the Chelsea supporters dished out the same treatment to United`s Wayne Rooney.
England coach Fabio Capello was also booed by fans of both teams when he took his place among the VIP seats shortly before the kickoff.
The Chelsea trio and Rooney will all be back at Wembley together on Wednesday when England play Hungary in a friendly international with a negative reception expected from the crowd again.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?