England players booed in Wembley curtain-raiser
Wembley: The England players who flopped in the World Cup finals were booed by Manchester United and Chelsea fans every time they touched the ball in the opening stages of the Community Shield season curtain-raiser on Sunday.
In the first high profile match since England lost 4-1 to Germany in the secound round of the World Cup in Bloemfontein on June 27, the United fans jeered Chelsea players Ashley Cole, John Terry and Frank Lampard while the Chelsea supporters dished out the same treatment to United`s Wayne Rooney.
England coach Fabio Capello was also booed by fans of both teams when he took his place among the VIP seats shortly before the kickoff.
The Chelsea trio and Rooney will all be back at Wembley together on Wednesday when England play Hungary in a friendly international with a negative reception expected from the crowd again.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today