England players booed in Wembley curtain-raiser
Wembley: The England players who flopped in the World Cup finals were booed by Manchester United and Chelsea fans every time they touched the ball in the opening stages of the Community Shield season curtain-raiser on Sunday.
In the first high profile match since England lost 4-1 to Germany in the secound round of the World Cup in Bloemfontein on June 27, the United fans jeered Chelsea players Ashley Cole, John Terry and Frank Lampard while the Chelsea supporters dished out the same treatment to United`s Wayne Rooney.
England coach Fabio Capello was also booed by fans of both teams when he took his place among the VIP seats shortly before the kickoff.
The Chelsea trio and Rooney will all be back at Wembley together on Wednesday when England play Hungary in a friendly international with a negative reception expected from the crowd again.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living