England stars don’t know who will replace Capello
London: England players will go into the Euro 2012 Finals not knowing who will replace Fabio Capello.
The process to find a replacement for the Three Lions boss, who will step down after the finals in Poland and Ukraine, has barely started, a newspaper reports.
Trevor Brooking, the FA`s director of football development, insists there are no plans to announce who will take on the job.
When England played in the World Cup in 2006 they already knew that Sven Goran Eriksson`s assistant Steve McClaren would be the next man in charge. But this time things are being done differently in a bid to keep the players motivated.
Harry Redknapp has been strongly linked with the role but Brooking said: "The chairman David Bernstein is conscious that he doesn`t want to start a merry-go-round - talking about who is going to be the next manager while we are qualifying for a finals and trying to have a good tournament.”
"We`ll look at it once we get the qualifying over and see what the process is going to be for next year. But it`s not a discussion point at the moment,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons