England stars don’t know who will replace Capello
London: England players will go into the Euro 2012 Finals not knowing who will replace Fabio Capello.
The process to find a replacement for the Three Lions boss, who will step down after the finals in Poland and Ukraine, has barely started, a newspaper reports.
Trevor Brooking, the FA`s director of football development, insists there are no plans to announce who will take on the job.
When England played in the World Cup in 2006 they already knew that Sven Goran Eriksson`s assistant Steve McClaren would be the next man in charge. But this time things are being done differently in a bid to keep the players motivated.
Harry Redknapp has been strongly linked with the role but Brooking said: "The chairman David Bernstein is conscious that he doesn`t want to start a merry-go-round - talking about who is going to be the next manager while we are qualifying for a finals and trying to have a good tournament.”
"We`ll look at it once we get the qualifying over and see what the process is going to be for next year. But it`s not a discussion point at the moment,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'