English Premier League trophy to tour India
New Delhi: As a part of a promotional campaign, the English Premier League trophy is set to tour India, its sponsor Barclays announced on Friday.
During its visit, Barclays, together with former India internationals, will conduct a football coaching clinic for a group of underprivileged children of the Magic Bus foundation in Mumbai on December 11th. It will then visit New Delhi on December 17 and 18.
"This association has made Barclays synonymous with the premier league and it helps us connect with millions of people, clients and football fans not only in regions where we operate but also in regions where people love and follow the league," said Mani Subramanian, CEO-India of Barclays Bank
During the launch programme today, it also felicitated former India players for their contribution to Indian football.
The official sponsor of one of the world`s most popular domestic leagues, the premier league is estimated to reach more than 500 million homes globally. Over 13 million fans attend EPL matches every season and it also enjoys a huge fan following across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly