English Premier League trophy to tour India
New Delhi: As a part of a promotional campaign, the English Premier League trophy is set to tour India, its sponsor Barclays announced on Friday.
During its visit, Barclays, together with former India internationals, will conduct a football coaching clinic for a group of underprivileged children of the Magic Bus foundation in Mumbai on December 11th. It will then visit New Delhi on December 17 and 18.
"This association has made Barclays synonymous with the premier league and it helps us connect with millions of people, clients and football fans not only in regions where we operate but also in regions where people love and follow the league," said Mani Subramanian, CEO-India of Barclays Bank
During the launch programme today, it also felicitated former India players for their contribution to Indian football.
The official sponsor of one of the world`s most popular domestic leagues, the premier league is estimated to reach more than 500 million homes globally. Over 13 million fans attend EPL matches every season and it also enjoys a huge fan following across India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections