Ensure smooth darshan of Lord Venkateswara for common man’
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Y
S Rajasekhara Reddy today directed the Tirumala Tirupati
Devasthanams to stop the practice of `VIP darshan` and ensure
smooth darshan of Lord Venkateswara for common pilgrims.
In a brief review of TTD affairs at the Secretariat
here today, the Chief Minister asked the TTD Board to take
decisions in such a way that it would not affect the religious
sentiments of the people.
Briefing newsmen at the end of the meeting, Endowments
Minister Gade Venkata Reddy and TTD chairman D A Adikesavulu
Naidu said, "The Chief Minister wanted us to ensure that more
pilgrims get a smooth darshan of the Lord in a shorter
duration. For this, he wanted the `VIP darshan` strictly
Tirumala, abode of Lord Venkateswara, receives on an
average 50,000 pilgrims per day and the rush peaks to over one
lakh pilgrims during special festivals. With many people
opting for VIP darshan, as a shortcut to avoid long hours of
waiting, ordinary pilgrims were facing untold hardship in
having a smooth darshan of the Lord.
This has invited lot of criticism from various
quarters and recently steps have been taken to strictly
enforce rules to curb the practice of `VIP darshan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27