EPL title is Chelsea`s number one priority: Lamps
London: England mid-fielder Frank Lampard has said that the Premier League and not Europe`s Champion`s League is Chelsea`s number one priority in the 2009-10 season.
"Personally, and as a club, we need to get back to winning ways in the league. Expectations now are so high that to win the FA Cup was great but this year we want to go that step further. I grew up watching the league and it`s a lovely feeling to be the best team in your own country," Lamps was quoted as saying.
"The Champions League is something I`d love to win once - but for me it`s the league," he said, which is to launch a new live sports channel on August 3 that will feature 46 live Premier League games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it