Essien will stay at Chelsea: Agent
London: Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien’s agent Fabien Piveteau has refuted reports that his client is on the verge of joining Spanish giant Real Madrid.
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is believed to have stepped up the chase to lure Essien as a possible replacement for Lassana Diarra who is expected to leave the club next season.
“He regularly has Jose Mourinho on the phone because they know each other well and have got on with each other since Jose was in charge of Chelsea. But Real Madrid has never really appealed to him,” A magazine quoted Fabien, as saying.
“Michael will stay at Chelsea, where he has another four years left on his contract. He’s very happy there, in a great city and a very good club which comes up against very good teams week in, week out,” he added.
Mourinho was in charge of Chelsea when Essien joined the club for 24.4 million pounds in August 2005. The 28-year-old has won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups during his time in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan