Essien will stay at Chelsea: Agent
London: Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien’s agent Fabien Piveteau has refuted reports that his client is on the verge of joining Spanish giant Real Madrid.
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho is believed to have stepped up the chase to lure Essien as a possible replacement for Lassana Diarra who is expected to leave the club next season.
“He regularly has Jose Mourinho on the phone because they know each other well and have got on with each other since Jose was in charge of Chelsea. But Real Madrid has never really appealed to him,” A magazine quoted Fabien, as saying.
“Michael will stay at Chelsea, where he has another four years left on his contract. He’s very happy there, in a great city and a very good club which comes up against very good teams week in, week out,” he added.
Mourinho was in charge of Chelsea when Essien joined the club for 24.4 million pounds in August 2005. The 28-year-old has won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups during his time in London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam