Ethiopian couple Dibaba, Sihine may miss athletics worlds
Nairobi: Ethiopian couple Sileshi Sihine and Tirunesh Dibaba are fitness doubts for the world championships in Berlin which start on Saturday.
“Tirunesh and Sileshi are in Germany but they are having medical treatment. Both have suffered injuries in practice,” national coach Woldemaskal Kostire told reporters by telephone on Tuesday.
“It is possible they will participate ... if their injuries improve but we don’t know yet.”
Dibaba, the Olympic 5,000 and 10,000 metres champion, has a torn muscle while her husband has a dislocation, said Kostire without giving further details.
The 23-year-old Dibaba won the 5,000-10,000 double at the 2005 world championships in Helsinki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!