EU doesn`t believe in Afghan success: WikiLeaks
Brussels: Leaked diplomatic memos say European Union President Herman Van Rompuy told America`s ambassador that the EU no longer believes in success in Afghanistan, and that European troops are still there "out of deference to the United States."
US Ambassador to Belgium Howard Gutman, in the memo released by WikiLeaks, quotes Van Rompuy as saying that the EU will wait until the end of 2010 to see progress.
Van Rompuy, the former Belgian prime minister who at the time was EU president-designate, reportedly said that "if it doesn`t work, that will be it, because it is the last
America`s European allies contribute about 30,000 troops to the US-led international force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video