EU doesn`t believe in Afghan success: WikiLeaks
Brussels: Leaked diplomatic memos say European Union President Herman Van Rompuy told America`s ambassador that the EU no longer believes in success in Afghanistan, and that European troops are still there "out of deference to the United States."
US Ambassador to Belgium Howard Gutman, in the memo released by WikiLeaks, quotes Van Rompuy as saying that the EU will wait until the end of 2010 to see progress.
Van Rompuy, the former Belgian prime minister who at the time was EU president-designate, reportedly said that "if it doesn`t work, that will be it, because it is the last
America`s European allies contribute about 30,000 troops to the US-led international force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections