EU doesn`t believe in Afghan success: WikiLeaks
Brussels: Leaked diplomatic memos say European Union President Herman Van Rompuy told America`s ambassador that the EU no longer believes in success in Afghanistan, and that European troops are still there "out of deference to the United States."
US Ambassador to Belgium Howard Gutman, in the memo released by WikiLeaks, quotes Van Rompuy as saying that the EU will wait until the end of 2010 to see progress.
Van Rompuy, the former Belgian prime minister who at the time was EU president-designate, reportedly said that "if it doesn`t work, that will be it, because it is the last
America`s European allies contribute about 30,000 troops to the US-led international force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state