Euro zone deficits must be cut from 2011 latest: Trichet
Berlin: Banks must provide sufficient credit and governments in the euro zone must reign in public finances to support a global economic recovery in 2010, the president of the European Central Bank (EBC) said on Sunday.
In comments made to the Bild am Sonntag weekly newspaper, Jean-Claude Trichet added that recovery from the financial crisis required concerted effort to offset joblessness.
"Banks must perform their central role in the supply of credit to the economy... Handling the consequences of the crisis for the labour market and public finances represents an additional challenge."
"Budget deficits in the euro area must be reduced by 2011 at the latest -- in some countries as early as 2010 -- in order to maintain
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt