European Tour drops Bahrain tournament for 2012
London: Golf`s European Tour won`t be returning to Bahrain next year.
The European Tour says the Volvo Golf Champions will not take place at Bahrain`s Royal Golf Club but that the tour`s return to the Gulf kingdom has been "delayed" rather than canceled following political unrest there.
At least 32 people died in Bahrain this year in protests for greater freedoms and rights.
The European Tour says "with work still ongoing to resolve issues in Bahrain and the need to confirm the venue by the end of July 2011, the difficult decision to postpone the event for 2012 was taken."
Tournament sponsor Volvo and tournament organizer International Management Group will rotate future events between a handful of locations, including Bahrain
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply