European Tour drops Bahrain tournament for 2012
London: Golf`s European Tour won`t be returning to Bahrain next year.
The European Tour says the Volvo Golf Champions will not take place at Bahrain`s Royal Golf Club but that the tour`s return to the Gulf kingdom has been "delayed" rather than canceled following political unrest there.
At least 32 people died in Bahrain this year in protests for greater freedoms and rights.
The European Tour says "with work still ongoing to resolve issues in Bahrain and the need to confirm the venue by the end of July 2011, the difficult decision to postpone the event for 2012 was taken."
Tournament sponsor Volvo and tournament organizer International Management Group will rotate future events between a handful of locations, including Bahrain
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!