Evans offered Tour Down Under wildcard
Sydney: Australia’s world road racing champion Cadel Evans will ride at next year’s Tour Down Under against Lance Armstrong after his BMC Racing Team were offered a wildcard entry to the race.
Evans only recently signed for BMC Racing after winning the world title and Tour Down Under organisers were quick to offer the second-tier American team a wildcard into the Jan. 17-24 ProTour event.
Armstrong made his comeback to professional racing at this year’s Tour Down Under and South Australian state premier Mike Rann said the addition of Evans was a coup for the event.
“Never before has an Australian competed on Australian soil wearing the Rainbow Jersey,” Rann said in a statement.
“This may be the only chance to ever see two legends, in Lance Armstrong and Cadel Evans, compete against one another on Australian soil.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi