Ex-FIFA VP Jack Warner hints at comeback
Port of Spain: Former FIFA Vice-President Jack Warner, who is also Trinidad and Tobago`s Minister of Works, hinted at a return to football administration as well as frictions between Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar and himself, local media reported on Tuesday.
"There are some unfinished business which I will have to finish in both FIFA and CONCACAF at the appropriate time and who knows I may go back (...) The only expert on the FIFA in this country is me and in the fullness of time I will tell this country what FIFA is and what FIFA is not," Warner said.
"I will not say no because you can never tell what the future holds," he added.
Warner resigned from his posts as FIFA Vice-President, CONCACAF President and Caribbean Football Union (CFU) president last month after being indicted by the FIFA Ethics Committee following bribery allegations.
He was allowed to leave FIFA with the "presumption of innocence" and a pension but an Ethics Committee member warned that the case against Warner could be re-opened if he ever returned to football.
Suspended Asian Football Confederation (AFC) President Mohamed Bin Hammam and CFU administrators Debbie Minguell and Jason Sylvester, who were charged together with Warner, are expected to receive the Ethics Committee`s verdict on July 22.
Warner pledged his services fully to the Trinidad and Tobago government when he quit FIFA but was quickly stripped of his Transport portfolio in a Cabinet reshuffle by Persad-Bissessar. He suggested that the changes created problems within his Ministry.
"Whenever a Prime Minister embraces you, it is normally a kiss of death and I am fortunate the Prime Minister has not embraced me lately," said Warner.
"Until we know what our schedules and programmes are, we are literally at a standstill (...) I sincerely hope it is not an exercise that you would have to go back and undo. It will cost us some millions," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing