Ex-Japanese PM returns as extraterrestrial superhero cartoon!
London: Former Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is taking on an unlikely new role – as the voice of the cult cartoon superhero Ultraman King.
Three years after stepping down as prime minister and only weeks after retiring from politics, the retired silver-haired reformer with an Elvis Presley obsession has been unveiled as the voice of the masked senior superhero, reports a news daily.
"We considered many people who might be able to play this crucial role," said a producer at Tsuburaya Productions.
"But we though that the only person who could really have the presence of Ultraman King, who brings the [Ultraman] clan together, would be Mr Koizumi, who once led the country,” the producer added.
With his futuristic red and silver clad ensemble, Ultraman King is an extraterrestrial TV superhero revered by three generations of Japanese.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened