Ex-Japanese PM returns as extraterrestrial superhero cartoon!
London: Former Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is taking on an unlikely new role – as the voice of the cult cartoon superhero Ultraman King.
Three years after stepping down as prime minister and only weeks after retiring from politics, the retired silver-haired reformer with an Elvis Presley obsession has been unveiled as the voice of the masked senior superhero, reports a news daily.
"We considered many people who might be able to play this crucial role," said a producer at Tsuburaya Productions.
"But we though that the only person who could really have the presence of Ultraman King, who brings the [Ultraman] clan together, would be Mr Koizumi, who once led the country,” the producer added.
With his futuristic red and silver clad ensemble, Ultraman King is an extraterrestrial TV superhero revered by three generations of Japanese.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions