Excited World Cup fan injures father in mishap
Kuala Lumpur: One fan’s excitement over the Ghana-Serbia World Cup match nearly cost his father an ear.
Malaysian news agency Bernama reports that 17-year-old Mohamad Rizal kicked a ball in frustration as he watched the Sunday match on TV, shattering a window.
It says glass pieces hit his father, Rosli Mat Noor, who was sitting next to the window, piercing his right ear.
Neighbors took Rosli, 43, to a nearby hospital where he received three stitches. Hospital staff in the northern Kelantan state could not immediately confirm the report Tuesday.
Ghana beat Serbia 1-0 in the Group D match. Mohamad Rizal was supporting Serbia and his misplaced kick was apparently in frustration when the Serbs conceded the goal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender