‘Exit poll prediction doesn’t give real picture’
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay
Singh today said he did not believe the exit poll prediction
that his party would win less than 40 seats in Uttar Pradesh
"We all know that exit polls have gone wrong in the past,
and this will happen now again," he said, talking to PTI here.
Asked how many seats he expected Congress to win, Singh
said, "At least one hundred."
He added that exit polls could go wrong because of a
number of factors, including the fact that they are based on
responses of very few people concerned.
"In a state where crores of people cast their vote, you
cannot make any assessment simply by talking to a few thousand
persons," the Congress General Secretary said.
Asked what he thought of the exit polls` prediction that
Samajwadi Party could even get an absolute majority on its
own, Singh said, "Impossible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai