‘Exit poll prediction doesn’t give real picture’
Bhopal: Congress general secretary Digvijay
Singh today said he did not believe the exit poll prediction
that his party would win less than 40 seats in Uttar Pradesh
"We all know that exit polls have gone wrong in the past,
and this will happen now again," he said, talking to PTI here.
Asked how many seats he expected Congress to win, Singh
said, "At least one hundred."
He added that exit polls could go wrong because of a
number of factors, including the fact that they are based on
responses of very few people concerned.
"In a state where crores of people cast their vote, you
cannot make any assessment simply by talking to a few thousand
persons," the Congress General Secretary said.
Asked what he thought of the exit polls` prediction that
Samajwadi Party could even get an absolute majority on its
own, Singh said, "Impossible."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof