Expelled docs asked to vacate hostels in MP
Bhopal: After expelling over 1000 junior
doctors from the five government hospitals across Madhya
Pradesh, for going on an indefinite strike and crippling
health services, the State government has started the process
of getting them evicted from the hostels.
"We have already instructed the deans of medical
colleges in Bhopal, Indore, Gwalior, Jabalpur and Rewa to ask
the junior doctors to vacate the hostels," Director Medical
Education, (Madhya Pradesh) V K Saini told a news agency.
"The Gwalior Medical Hospital management has already
pasted a notice yesterday, asking the junior doctors to vacate
their hostel," Madhya Pradesh Junior Doctors Association Chief
Co ordinator Dr Yogesh Paur, said.
He said, that their stir today entered the eighth day,
adding that they won`t call it off till their demands,
including better health facilities according to Medical
Council of India (MCI) in the hospitals and a hike of around
Rs 12,000 in stipends, were met.
Dr Paur said that though the government was holding
talks with them the deadlock persists.
"The government officials are asking us to first call
of their stir and then our demands will be looked into, which
was not acceptable to us," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh