Experts bullish on 2010 stock market; see Sensex at 21k
Mumbai: A significant pick up expected in the
corporate earnings and the strong fundamentals of economy
undeterred by financial meltdown, is likely to bring cheers to
share markets in 2010, experts said.
"Corporate earning will see a 25 percent growth. Though
there may be short-term corrections, the market will go up by
another 20 percent. I do see sensex at 21k this year," Angel
Broking`s Managing Director Dinesh Thacker told a news agency.
Banking sector, on the back of an expected 8 percent GDP
growth is likely to be amongst the top performing sectors in
the new year, he said.
"Indian banks, both in public and public sector, are well
capitalised. We expect the credit growth to pick up further,
which is a good news to banking stocks," Thacker said.
Also, infrastructure sector, where huge investments are
expected, could also play a major role in the share market in
2009, Thackar said.
"Undoubtedly, a major sector that can perform well in
short term and long term is infrastructure. Government is
spending a lot of money on infrastructure and for the next
5-10 years it would continue bullish," he said.
However, telecom stocks, which faces intense competition
in the market, might not prove to be a good option for
short-term investors, Thackar said.
Sensex, which opened at 9,647 points in 2009 closed the
year almost double at 17,464.
Echoing a similar view, Kejriwal Research and Investment
Services Director Arun Kejriwal, said he expects the sensex to
reach above 21k level as the year progresses.
"Having done so well in 2009, the expectations about 2010
are so high. But it may not be realistic and may not happen.
But a 2,500-3,000 points` gain is possible. But the
corrections also can be in this range," Kejriwal said.
Edelweiss Institutional Equities Co-head, Vikas Khemani
also expects Sensex in the range of 21-22k in 2010. According
to Khemani the Nifty is likely to rise up to 6,200-6,500 range
in the course of the year.
"An investor can normally expect a 20-25 percent return
from the market as sensex may go up to 21-22k range and Nifty
to 6,200-6,500 points," Khemani said.
He said the divestment in the holding of Government-owned
companies might provide fillip to the market rally in the new
year. Also according to them monsoon could also turn out to be
a decisive factor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow