Explosive Leverkusen back on top with 4-2 win over Mainz
Berlin: Bayer Leverkusen came from a goal down to beat Mainz 4-2 on Saturday and regain top spot in the Bundesliga, two points clear of second-placed Bayern Munich.
Undefeated Leverkusen, with 38 points from 18 matches, exploded into action with three goals in 15 minutes, after Tim Hoogland had given the visitors an early lead.
Mainz gave the hosts a scare when they cut the deficit through Niko Bungert in the 67th minute before Eren Derdiyok sealed Leverkusen`s victory two minutes from time with a low drive from 12 metres.
Bayern Munich are on 36 points after beating Hoffenheim 2-0 on Friday, while Hamburg SV moved up to third on 34 points following their 2-0 win against Freiburg.
Schalke 04, also on 34, host Nuremberg on Sunday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed