Explosive Leverkusen back on top with 4-2 win over Mainz
Berlin: Bayer Leverkusen came from a goal down to beat Mainz 4-2 on Saturday and regain top spot in the Bundesliga, two points clear of second-placed Bayern Munich.
Undefeated Leverkusen, with 38 points from 18 matches, exploded into action with three goals in 15 minutes, after Tim Hoogland had given the visitors an early lead.
Mainz gave the hosts a scare when they cut the deficit through Niko Bungert in the 67th minute before Eren Derdiyok sealed Leverkusen`s victory two minutes from time with a low drive from 12 metres.
Bayern Munich are on 36 points after beating Hoffenheim 2-0 on Friday, while Hamburg SV moved up to third on 34 points following their 2-0 win against Freiburg.
Schalke 04, also on 34, host Nuremberg on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi