Explosive Leverkusen back on top with 4-2 win over Mainz
Berlin: Bayer Leverkusen came from a goal down to beat Mainz 4-2 on Saturday and regain top spot in the Bundesliga, two points clear of second-placed Bayern Munich.
Undefeated Leverkusen, with 38 points from 18 matches, exploded into action with three goals in 15 minutes, after Tim Hoogland had given the visitors an early lead.
Mainz gave the hosts a scare when they cut the deficit through Niko Bungert in the 67th minute before Eren Derdiyok sealed Leverkusen`s victory two minutes from time with a low drive from 12 metres.
Bayern Munich are on 36 points after beating Hoffenheim 2-0 on Friday, while Hamburg SV moved up to third on 34 points following their 2-0 win against Freiburg.
Schalke 04, also on 34, host Nuremberg on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"