Explosive Leverkusen back on top with 4-2 win over Mainz
Berlin: Bayer Leverkusen came from a goal down to beat Mainz 4-2 on Saturday and regain top spot in the Bundesliga, two points clear of second-placed Bayern Munich.
Undefeated Leverkusen, with 38 points from 18 matches, exploded into action with three goals in 15 minutes, after Tim Hoogland had given the visitors an early lead.
Mainz gave the hosts a scare when they cut the deficit through Niko Bungert in the 67th minute before Eren Derdiyok sealed Leverkusen`s victory two minutes from time with a low drive from 12 metres.
Bayern Munich are on 36 points after beating Hoffenheim 2-0 on Friday, while Hamburg SV moved up to third on 34 points following their 2-0 win against Freiburg.
Schalke 04, also on 34, host Nuremberg on Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday