Explosive materials seized in Haridwar
Haridwar: A high alert has been sounded in this temple town – hosting the Kumbh Mela – after a huge cache of explosive materials was seized recovered from the railway station.
The seizure was made on February 02 when security personnel recovered a suspect radio device from the station premises which eventually led to the recovery of one-and- half kilos of ammonium nitrate and nine detonators.
Two youth hailing from Orissa have been arrested in connection with the case. Police have refused to divulge any more details pending investigations.
With lakhs of devotees turning up at the bathing ghats everyday, the authorities are not taking any chances and have beefed up security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- AIB: Polythene ban - Do we care enough?
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown