Explosive materials seized in Haridwar
Haridwar: A high alert has been sounded in this temple town – hosting the Kumbh Mela – after a huge cache of explosive materials was seized recovered from the railway station.
The seizure was made on February 02 when security personnel recovered a suspect radio device from the station premises which eventually led to the recovery of one-and- half kilos of ammonium nitrate and nine detonators.
Two youth hailing from Orissa have been arrested in connection with the case. Police have refused to divulge any more details pending investigations.
With lakhs of devotees turning up at the bathing ghats everyday, the authorities are not taking any chances and have beefed up security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly