Extended Metro`s inauguration marred by chaos
Kolkata: The inaugural run on the Metro
Rail`s extended route from Tollygunj to Garia Bazar was
marred by chaos with the programme totally spinning out of
control of the Railway authorities.
Although boarding on the train was restricted to
invitees, railway officials and the media, a large number of
people, claiming to be Trinamool Congress supporters, entered
the compartments shouting slogans in support of party chief
With the crowd occupying almost all coaches of the
train, a number of invitees, including the families of senior
railway officials, were seen leaving their designated
compartments to look for accommodation elsewhere.
RPF personnel later dragged out a number of people
from the compartments to make room for authorised passengers.
The RPF were particularly active in preventing
mediapersons from boarding the train, insisting on a special
pass which was not given to them by the Metro Railway.
They were, however, let in on intervention of the
Metro`s public relations personnel.
The Metro Railway authorities attributed the disorder
to public enthusiasm, but could not explain why they could not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Fun times! Former Aussie speedster Brett Lee on the sets of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- AAP woman worker's suicide:BJP demands FIR against AAP leaders
- No concrete evidence about missing AN-32 plane: Parrikar
- UNindian: Brett Lee movie runs into trouble with censor board demanding tone down version of love scene
- What a life: Film world mourns Mahasweta Devi's demise