Extended Metro`s inauguration marred by chaos
Kolkata: The inaugural run on the Metro
Rail`s extended route from Tollygunj to Garia Bazar was
marred by chaos with the programme totally spinning out of
control of the Railway authorities.
Although boarding on the train was restricted to
invitees, railway officials and the media, a large number of
people, claiming to be Trinamool Congress supporters, entered
the compartments shouting slogans in support of party chief
With the crowd occupying almost all coaches of the
train, a number of invitees, including the families of senior
railway officials, were seen leaving their designated
compartments to look for accommodation elsewhere.
RPF personnel later dragged out a number of people
from the compartments to make room for authorised passengers.
The RPF were particularly active in preventing
mediapersons from boarding the train, insisting on a special
pass which was not given to them by the Metro Railway.
They were, however, let in on intervention of the
Metro`s public relations personnel.
The Metro Railway authorities attributed the disorder
to public enthusiasm, but could not explain why they could not
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price