FA fine Portsmouth manager Grant after rant at referee
London: Portsmouth manager Avram Grant was fined 1,000 pounds (USD 1,508) with a further 4,000 pounds suspended after he admitted a charge of improper conduct to the Football Association.
Although the fine was lenient, the FA also warned him as to his future conduct following his behaviour towards referee Kevin Friend during the Premier League match against Sunderland on Feb. 9 which ended in a 1-1 draw.
Grant stormed onto the Fratton Park pitch at the end of the first half and confronted Friend after Pompey had Ricardo Rocha sent off early in the match and a penalty appeal turned down.
Grant was dismissed from the dugout and watched the second half from the directors` box.
A statement on the FA website said: "The regulatory commission took into account his admission of the charge and previous good disciplinary record. The suspended fine will be activated in the event of a similar breach of FA rules."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden