FA hands Adebayor three-match ban
London: Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor was handed a three-match ban for violent conduct by the English Football Association on Thursday.
The Togo international had accepted the charge for a malicious stamp on Arsenal`s Dutch striker Robin van Persie during City`s 4-2 Premier League home win last Saturday.
The former Arsenal player will miss Sunday`s league derby away to local rivals Manchester United, a League Cup home tie against Fulham and a league match at home to West Ham United.
The FA said a separate charge of improper conduct would be considered at a later date. Adebayor`s goal celebration in the same match sparked crowd trouble in which a steward was injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what