FA to investigate Adebayor conduct
London: The English Football Association will investigate Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor`s conduct during Saturday`s 4-2 Premier League win over Arsenal.
Former Arsenal teammate Robin van Persie accused Adebayor of a "mindless and malicious stamp" during the match and he also received a yellow card for deliberately celebrating his goal in front of Arsenal fans.
"We`ll look at it Monday and then bring it to the disciplinary process," FA chief Ian Watmore told BBC Radio.
"Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week.”
"The punishments are the decision of the individual commission, if we get that far."
Adebayor, who left Arsenal for City in the last transfer window, was not punished for the alleged stamp but did receive a yellow card for inciting Arsenal fans after running the length of the pitch to celebrate his goal and the home side`s third.
"I am sad and disappointed," van Persie said on the Arsenal website. "He (Adebayor) set out to hurt me today. He has shown a real lack of class,"
The Dutch international received treatment for a cut after Adebayor appeared to run his boot down the forward`s face.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter