Fan frenzy forces Salman to skip marathon participation
Jaipur: In town to participate in a marathon to promote the city, Bollywood star Salman Khan had to beat a hasty retreat after frenzied fans mobbed him resulting in a
Salman flagged off the the 6.5 km long dream run in which thousands of Jaipurites participated but things became chaotic after fans tried to reach for him at the stage. The police had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd.
The resulting chaos forced the organisers to first escort Salman off the stage before he was whisked away in a car. The marathon (21km) was flagged off by the Rajasthan Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and DGP Harish Chandra Meena in which around 1700 runners took part.
Television actor Rajiv Khandelwal and State Tourism Minister Bina Kak were also present at the start point near Ramnivas garden from where the marathon and dream run began in
Dream run finished at World Trade Park (WTP) covering a distance, while the marathon started from Ramnivas garden and the runners covered WTP, Tonk Road, Janpath, MI Road, Ajmeri Gate, Kishanpol Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Johri Bazar, and Sanganer Gate.
MP Mahesh Joshi, Jaipur Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal were among others present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week