Fan frenzy forces Salman to skip marathon participation
Jaipur: In town to participate in a marathon to promote the city, Bollywood star Salman Khan had to beat a hasty retreat after frenzied fans mobbed him resulting in a
Salman flagged off the the 6.5 km long dream run in which thousands of Jaipurites participated but things became chaotic after fans tried to reach for him at the stage. The police had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd.
The resulting chaos forced the organisers to first escort Salman off the stage before he was whisked away in a car. The marathon (21km) was flagged off by the Rajasthan Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and DGP Harish Chandra Meena in which around 1700 runners took part.
Television actor Rajiv Khandelwal and State Tourism Minister Bina Kak were also present at the start point near Ramnivas garden from where the marathon and dream run began in
Dream run finished at World Trade Park (WTP) covering a distance, while the marathon started from Ramnivas garden and the runners covered WTP, Tonk Road, Janpath, MI Road, Ajmeri Gate, Kishanpol Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Johri Bazar, and Sanganer Gate.
MP Mahesh Joshi, Jaipur Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal were among others present there.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living