Fan frenzy forces Salman to skip marathon participation
Jaipur: In town to participate in a marathon to promote the city, Bollywood star Salman Khan had to beat a hasty retreat after frenzied fans mobbed him resulting in a
Salman flagged off the the 6.5 km long dream run in which thousands of Jaipurites participated but things became chaotic after fans tried to reach for him at the stage. The police had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd.
The resulting chaos forced the organisers to first escort Salman off the stage before he was whisked away in a car. The marathon (21km) was flagged off by the Rajasthan Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and DGP Harish Chandra Meena in which around 1700 runners took part.
Television actor Rajiv Khandelwal and State Tourism Minister Bina Kak were also present at the start point near Ramnivas garden from where the marathon and dream run began in
Dream run finished at World Trade Park (WTP) covering a distance, while the marathon started from Ramnivas garden and the runners covered WTP, Tonk Road, Janpath, MI Road, Ajmeri Gate, Kishanpol Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Johri Bazar, and Sanganer Gate.
MP Mahesh Joshi, Jaipur Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal were among others present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!