Fan frenzy forces Salman to skip marathon participation
Jaipur: In town to participate in a marathon to promote the city, Bollywood star Salman Khan had to beat a hasty retreat after frenzied fans mobbed him resulting in a
Salman flagged off the the 6.5 km long dream run in which thousands of Jaipurites participated but things became chaotic after fans tried to reach for him at the stage. The police had to resort to lathicharge to control the crowd.
The resulting chaos forced the organisers to first escort Salman off the stage before he was whisked away in a car. The marathon (21km) was flagged off by the Rajasthan Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and DGP Harish Chandra Meena in which around 1700 runners took part.
Television actor Rajiv Khandelwal and State Tourism Minister Bina Kak were also present at the start point near Ramnivas garden from where the marathon and dream run began in
Dream run finished at World Trade Park (WTP) covering a distance, while the marathon started from Ramnivas garden and the runners covered WTP, Tonk Road, Janpath, MI Road, Ajmeri Gate, Kishanpol Bazar, Tripolia Bazar, Johri Bazar, and Sanganer Gate.
MP Mahesh Joshi, Jaipur Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal were among others present there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?