Farhan Azmi files nomination for Bhiwandi by-election
Mumbai: Farhan, son of SP leader Abu Asim
Azmi, today filed his nomination papers for the January 20
by-election to Bhiwandi east assembly constituency.
The seat was vacated by Abu Asim Azmi on getting
elected from two constituencies - Mankhurd and Bhiwandi east.
The SP leader preferred to keep Mankhurd and resigned
from Bhiwandi east.
Farhan, who is married to actress Ayesha Takia, is
supported by the Republican Left Democratic Front (RLDF) of
which SP is a part.
Congress nominee Muzaffar Hussain is expected to file
his papers tomorrow. Hussain is currently an MLC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test