Faridabad gets its first Commissioner of Police
Chandigarh: Faridabad on Saturday became the second district after Gurgaon in Haryana to get the Commissioner system of policing.
PK Aggarwal, a 1988 batch IPS officer, who was presently posted as Inspector General of Police at Faridabad, was today appointed as the first Commissioner of Police, Faridabad on a newly created post, an official spokesman said here.
AS Chawla, DIG, CID has been posted as the Joint CP of Faridabad, while three officers have been posted as Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCPs) at Faridabad, he said adding that an IPS officer Shashank Anand has been posted as DSP, Central Faridabad.
Three officers of the Haryana Police Service (HPS) Maharaj Singh, Rishal Singh and Bijender Singh have been posted as DCPs of NIT, Faridabad, Ballabgarh and crime respectively.
Abhey Singh, Assistant Commandant, 3rd IRB at Bhondsi has been posted as SP, Crime of Faridabad, the spokesman said.
IGP Administration KK Sharma has been posted as IGP south range and IG, State Vigilance Bureau (SVB) Sudhir Mohan has been posted as IGP Prisons.
The Commissioner system of policing has been introduced at Gurgaon and Faridabad to improve policing in two major towns located in the NCR.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda