Faridabad gets its first Commissioner of Police
Chandigarh: Faridabad on Saturday became the second district after Gurgaon in Haryana to get the Commissioner system of policing.
PK Aggarwal, a 1988 batch IPS officer, who was presently posted as Inspector General of Police at Faridabad, was today appointed as the first Commissioner of Police, Faridabad on a newly created post, an official spokesman said here.
AS Chawla, DIG, CID has been posted as the Joint CP of Faridabad, while three officers have been posted as Deputy Commissioners of Police (DCPs) at Faridabad, he said adding that an IPS officer Shashank Anand has been posted as DSP, Central Faridabad.
Three officers of the Haryana Police Service (HPS) Maharaj Singh, Rishal Singh and Bijender Singh have been posted as DCPs of NIT, Faridabad, Ballabgarh and crime respectively.
Abhey Singh, Assistant Commandant, 3rd IRB at Bhondsi has been posted as SP, Crime of Faridabad, the spokesman said.
IGP Administration KK Sharma has been posted as IGP south range and IG, State Vigilance Bureau (SVB) Sudhir Mohan has been posted as IGP Prisons.
The Commissioner system of policing has been introduced at Gurgaon and Faridabad to improve policing in two major towns located in the NCR.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'