FCI employees released hours after detention by NSCN
Kohima: The Khaplang faction of the NSCN
detained three employees and a contractor of the Food
Corporation of India`s regional office at Dimapur for several
hours before releasing them.
The four were released in front of news persons after the
outfit interrogated them to elicit information on why for the
last 20 years all contract work for Manipur under the FCI had
gone to Asui Muivah Firm, owned by a brother of rival outfit
NSCN (I-M) general secretary Th Muivah, when there were many
other qualified contractors.
The outfit alleged that some police personnel and
NSCN (I-M) members were present when a tender was floated on
September 30, 2008 in the FCI office, Dimapur.
Demanding cancellation of the contract and starting of
the tender process anew, the outfit said the four persons were
asked to "clarify whether there was any link between the NSCN
(I-M) and the FCI contracts in Manipur".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections