Federer Canadian date all depends on birth of first-born
Montreal: The participation of Roger Federer in next month`s Montreal Masters remains uncertain, depending on when his heavily pregnant wife gives birth in Switzerland.
With Mirka Vavrinec`s due date top secret, the summer schedule of the number one and 15-time Grand Slam champion is up in the air. Reports indicate that if the child is not born before the end of July, then Federer will delay any travel to North America from his lakeside base near Zurich.
Despite what have to be exquisitely timed plans for the baby to be born between Wimbledon and the Aug 9 start in Canada, nothing can be certain at this point.
The Swiss also faces a timing crush with the Cincinnati Masters starting the day after Montreal ends, with those pair of high-profile events the only two in Federer`s diary before the start of the US Open in late August.
Montreal officials are said to be willing to give Federer a late start date Wednesday, Aug 12 should he request it.
Perfect symmetry would indicate that the babe be born Aug 8, his own 28th birthday. Canadian media have quoted the Montreal tournament boss as saying he is not actually expecting Federer to front up.
Even in the potential absence of Federer, Montreal will not be lacking in buzz, with Rafael Nadal due to return to the courts more than two months off the ATP resting tendinitis in his knees which kept him from Wimbledon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest