Federer eases past Kukushkin
London: Roger Federer began his bid for a seventh Wimbledon title with a 7-6 6-4 6-2 win over Mikhail Kukushkin in cold and blustery conditions on Centre Court on Tuesday.
The Swiss third seed produced a solid display to see off Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin who served well throughout the match to give Federer a decent workout at the start of his bid for a 17th grand slam crown.
Federer raised his game to breeze through the first-set tiebreak 7-2 and he comfortably kept Kukushkin at arm`s length to take his place in the second round.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed