Federer eases past Kukushkin
London: Roger Federer began his bid for a seventh Wimbledon title with a 7-6 6-4 6-2 win over Mikhail Kukushkin in cold and blustery conditions on Centre Court on Tuesday.
The Swiss third seed produced a solid display to see off Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin who served well throughout the match to give Federer a decent workout at the start of his bid for a 17th grand slam crown.
Federer raised his game to breeze through the first-set tiebreak 7-2 and he comfortably kept Kukushkin at arm`s length to take his place in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened