Federer eases past Kukushkin
London: Roger Federer began his bid for a seventh Wimbledon title with a 7-6 6-4 6-2 win over Mikhail Kukushkin in cold and blustery conditions on Centre Court on Tuesday.
The Swiss third seed produced a solid display to see off Kazakhstan`s Kukushkin who served well throughout the match to give Federer a decent workout at the start of his bid for a 17th grand slam crown.
Federer raised his game to breeze through the first-set tiebreak 7-2 and he comfortably kept Kukushkin at arm`s length to take his place in the second round.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed