Federer, Isner and Mahut take centre stage
London: Roger Federer begins his quest for a seventh Wimbledon title on Tuesday and John Isner and Nicolas Mahut meet again following their epic clash last year.
Federer faces Kazakhstan`s Mikhail Kukushkin in the day`s second match on Centre Court.
First up is the return of American 13-times grand slam champion Serena Williams, who has played just two matches since lifting last year`s Wimbledon trophy after 12 months battling injuries and serious illness.
Also on the main court is world number two Novak Djokovic, seeking to begin another long unbeaten run after his 41-match streak in 2011 was snapped by Federer at the French Open.
American Andy Roddick, Danish world number one Caroline Wozniacki and Swede Robin Soderling are scheduled to play on Court One but a repeat of a history-making match last year will dominate the outside courts.
A repeat of the 11-hour epic between American Isner and Frenchman Mahut, the longest ever match by far, is fourth on Court Three.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside