Fenerbahce appeals removal from Champions League
Ankara (Turkey): Fenerbahce says it is appealing the Turkish Football Federation`s decision to remove the club from the Champions League over an ongoing match-fixing probe.
Fenerbahce`s lawyer Haluk Burcuoglu says Thursday he has lodged an appeal with the Turkish Football Federation`s arbitration committee.
The federation withdrew Fenerbahce from the competition Wednesday, on the eve of the Champions League group stage draw. It was replaced by Turkish league runner-up Trabzonspor.
More than 30 people, including Fenerbahce`s president, have been charged in the probe that involves 19 games last season.
Fenerbahce faces relegation and the threat of losing its league title.
Turkey has pushed back the start of the season for more than a month until Sept. 9 because of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price