Fenerbahce appeals removal from Champions League
Ankara (Turkey): Fenerbahce says it is appealing the Turkish Football Federation`s decision to remove the club from the Champions League over an ongoing match-fixing probe.
Fenerbahce`s lawyer Haluk Burcuoglu says Thursday he has lodged an appeal with the Turkish Football Federation`s arbitration committee.
The federation withdrew Fenerbahce from the competition Wednesday, on the eve of the Champions League group stage draw. It was replaced by Turkish league runner-up Trabzonspor.
More than 30 people, including Fenerbahce`s president, have been charged in the probe that involves 19 games last season.
Fenerbahce faces relegation and the threat of losing its league title.
Turkey has pushed back the start of the season for more than a month until Sept. 9 because of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal