Fenerbahce appeals removal from Champions League
Ankara (Turkey): Fenerbahce says it is appealing the Turkish Football Federation`s decision to remove the club from the Champions League over an ongoing match-fixing probe.
Fenerbahce`s lawyer Haluk Burcuoglu says Thursday he has lodged an appeal with the Turkish Football Federation`s arbitration committee.
The federation withdrew Fenerbahce from the competition Wednesday, on the eve of the Champions League group stage draw. It was replaced by Turkish league runner-up Trabzonspor.
More than 30 people, including Fenerbahce`s president, have been charged in the probe that involves 19 games last season.
Fenerbahce faces relegation and the threat of losing its league title.
Turkey has pushed back the start of the season for more than a month until Sept. 9 because of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened