Fenerbahce appeals removal from Champions League
Ankara (Turkey): Fenerbahce says it is appealing the Turkish Football Federation`s decision to remove the club from the Champions League over an ongoing match-fixing probe.
Fenerbahce`s lawyer Haluk Burcuoglu says Thursday he has lodged an appeal with the Turkish Football Federation`s arbitration committee.
The federation withdrew Fenerbahce from the competition Wednesday, on the eve of the Champions League group stage draw. It was replaced by Turkish league runner-up Trabzonspor.
More than 30 people, including Fenerbahce`s president, have been charged in the probe that involves 19 games last season.
Fenerbahce faces relegation and the threat of losing its league title.
Turkey has pushed back the start of the season for more than a month until Sept. 9 because of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel