Fenerbahce appeals removal from Champions League
Ankara (Turkey): Fenerbahce says it is appealing the Turkish Football Federation`s decision to remove the club from the Champions League over an ongoing match-fixing probe.
Fenerbahce`s lawyer Haluk Burcuoglu says Thursday he has lodged an appeal with the Turkish Football Federation`s arbitration committee.
The federation withdrew Fenerbahce from the competition Wednesday, on the eve of the Champions League group stage draw. It was replaced by Turkish league runner-up Trabzonspor.
More than 30 people, including Fenerbahce`s president, have been charged in the probe that involves 19 games last season.
Fenerbahce faces relegation and the threat of losing its league title.
Turkey has pushed back the start of the season for more than a month until Sept. 9 because of the investigation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!