Ferdinand demands more respect for Man U
London: Ace defender Rio Ferdinand has asked to show more respect to Manchester United’s record breaking players after the club won their 19th Premier League title.
Despite the record-breaking success, critics have said it was the worst United side for years.
“It is ridiculous and makes me laugh. We’ve won the league four times out of the last five. Half of it is people want someone else to win. Our 19th title was fantastic but we lost the Champions League final to Barcelona,” Ferdinand said.
“When you dust yourself down and analyse it all, we had a successful season. We should enjoy it,” a daily quoted him, as saying.
Speaking in Seattle, Ferdinand said: “At the start of the season, if someone had said we’d reach the Champions League final and win the league, we would have accepted it.
“The time before in Rome, when we lost to Barca 2-0 in 2009, I spent my whole summer moping around even though we had won the league. I just think you have to savour moments like that. The 19th title was a big event.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'