Fergie says he would spend 60 m pounds only on Ronaldo
London: Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted that he will not spend a vast sum on signing a star player this summer, and that even if he did, the only player worth consideration would be Real Madrid`s Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ferguson believes the transfer market is over-inflated.
"It`s not my way to buy a player for 60 m pounds," a newspaper quoted Ferguson, as saying ahead of Sunday`s match between his club and Sunderland.
Manchester United must win to enhance their chances of finishing the season as Premier League champions.
When asked if he would not even spend that money on Lionel Messi of Barcelona, Ferguson replied: "No. I`d pay 60 m pounds to take Cristiano Ronaldo back, but that`s about it. The market is inflated."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH