Fergie says he would spend 60 m pounds only on Ronaldo
London: Manchester United coach Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted that he will not spend a vast sum on signing a star player this summer, and that even if he did, the only player worth consideration would be Real Madrid`s Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ferguson believes the transfer market is over-inflated.
"It`s not my way to buy a player for 60 m pounds," a newspaper quoted Ferguson, as saying ahead of Sunday`s match between his club and Sunderland.
Manchester United must win to enhance their chances of finishing the season as Premier League champions.
When asked if he would not even spend that money on Lionel Messi of Barcelona, Ferguson replied: "No. I`d pay 60 m pounds to take Cristiano Ronaldo back, but that`s about it. The market is inflated."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader