Ferguson asks Man U players to start firing up to grab title
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has asked his players to start firing up to grab another Premier League title.
United have stumbled to the top of the table as Chelsea and Arsenal keep slipping up.
"We need to start kicking on and trying to close the door. We`ve given away a lot of silly goals and until we get that right we`ll continue to be inconsistent in terms of our form away from home," The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
United have conceded 10 goals away from home, more than anyone else in the top four and thrown away points.
Ferguson knows how dear those slip-ups could prove after losing the league by a point last season.
"Obviously we were disappointed not to win the league last season. We lost it by a point and I look back on the defeat to Chelsea at Old Trafford as the decisive game. Although I think we still look at the Blackburn game at Ewood Park as a big disappointment as well.
"If we`d have won that we would have won the league," Ferguson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today
- Subramanian Swamy's piece of advice to Rahul Gandhi - Quit politics to save Congress future
- Strong Indo-US ties to strengthen both economies: White House
- First look of Emraan Hashmi's maiden home production 'Captain Nawab' out! - Pic inside
- Despite public outcry over images of man carrying dead wife, Odisha gives clean chit to hospital