Ferguson backs Paul Pogba to shine at Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that Paul Pogba could make a big impression this season alongside other emerging talent like Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck.
The 18-year-old midfielder is already being labelled a young Patrick Vieira.
“He’s a big physical boy. He has a great physique, 6ft 2in, athletic. The new Patrick Vieira? Well he’s the same height. Patrick was a great player, but this boy is only 18. Look at Patrick when he was 18, he was playing centre half for Cannes,”
“He only emerged as a midfield player at AC Milan. But I believe Pogba has the equipment to be successful. Seeing youngsters like him come through helps me, it helps us all. It’s still one of my biggest thrills to see a youngster coming up through the ranks,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda