Ferguson backs Paul Pogba to shine at Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that Paul Pogba could make a big impression this season alongside other emerging talent like Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck.
The 18-year-old midfielder is already being labelled a young Patrick Vieira.
“He’s a big physical boy. He has a great physique, 6ft 2in, athletic. The new Patrick Vieira? Well he’s the same height. Patrick was a great player, but this boy is only 18. Look at Patrick when he was 18, he was playing centre half for Cannes,”
“He only emerged as a midfield player at AC Milan. But I believe Pogba has the equipment to be successful. Seeing youngsters like him come through helps me, it helps us all. It’s still one of my biggest thrills to see a youngster coming up through the ranks,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'