Ferguson backs Paul Pogba to shine at Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that Paul Pogba could make a big impression this season alongside other emerging talent like Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck.
The 18-year-old midfielder is already being labelled a young Patrick Vieira.
“He’s a big physical boy. He has a great physique, 6ft 2in, athletic. The new Patrick Vieira? Well he’s the same height. Patrick was a great player, but this boy is only 18. Look at Patrick when he was 18, he was playing centre half for Cannes,”
“He only emerged as a midfield player at AC Milan. But I believe Pogba has the equipment to be successful. Seeing youngsters like him come through helps me, it helps us all. It’s still one of my biggest thrills to see a youngster coming up through the ranks,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender