Ferguson backs Paul Pogba to shine at Man U
London: Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that Paul Pogba could make a big impression this season alongside other emerging talent like Tom Cleverley and Danny Welbeck.
The 18-year-old midfielder is already being labelled a young Patrick Vieira.
“He’s a big physical boy. He has a great physique, 6ft 2in, athletic. The new Patrick Vieira? Well he’s the same height. Patrick was a great player, but this boy is only 18. Look at Patrick when he was 18, he was playing centre half for Cannes,”
“He only emerged as a midfield player at AC Milan. But I believe Pogba has the equipment to be successful. Seeing youngsters like him come through helps me, it helps us all. It’s still one of my biggest thrills to see a youngster coming up through the ranks,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands