Ferguson lands a killer blow on Man U players
London: With a rare display of public criticism after four draws in seven games so far, Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson blasted his team last night for their lack of killer instinct.
"This present team does not kill off sides as well as they should - that`s the one area where I would like to see an improvement. At Fulham we missed a penalty with three minutes to go, which would have made it 3-1 and put the game out of sight. We threw points away there," The Sun quoted Ferguson, as saying.
"And then, it was even worse at Everton, where we threw away two goals in injury time. That`s unthinkable. We were wasteful and ultimately paid the price," he added.
United trail arch rivals Chelsea by five points, and despite Saturday`s 0-0 draw at Sunderland, Ferguson believes his side`s problems are at the back rather than up front.
"We haven`t had a problem scoring goals - we got three against Liverpool, Everton, West Ham and Newcastle. That suggests we don`t have a difficulty finding the net, the paper quoted Ferguson, as saying.
The United boss also took a dig at fixture list saying Chelsea`s position at the top is slightly false.
"If you look at Chelsea`s start to the season, you`d have expected them to have won all those games. Meanwhile, we`ve had tricky trips to Fulham and Everton and played Liverpool at home," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!