Ferguson ready to welcome back Ronaldo at Man U
London: Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson is ready to welcome back striker Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford.
Ferguson has confided to close friend and Italian World Cup-winning boss Marcello Lippi that Ronaldo would be welcomed back at Manchester United.
Ronaldo’s relationship with manager Jose Mourinho is strained and he admits he misses Ferguson and life at Old Trafford.
According to a newspaper report, Ronaldo was forced through an 80 million pounds transfer from United to Real Madrid in the summer of 2009.
Lippi said: “Sir Alex told me he would take Ronaldo back tomorrow. We both think he is an extraordinary striker who can start on either wing, or as the sole striker and perform brilliantly.
“But the truly remarkable thing about Cristiano is that he always scores.”
Ronaldo has enjoyed a great season breaking the all-time La Liga record with 40 goals. He hit 51 in all, a Real record.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?