Ferguson sets 90 point target for Manchester United
London: Sir Alex Ferguson is aiming for an unprecedented fourth consecutive Premier League title and has consequently set Manchester United a target of 90 points, if they are to retain their title as champions of England.
"There is not much leeway," Ferguson told Sky Sports.
"Last season we had a points total of 90 and even though we say it is the most competitive league, you still have to think of that figure to be the winner.”
"Liverpool got 86 last season, which is an exceptional total too, but they only finished second."
The Red Devils recently suffered a shock 1-0 defeat at Turf Moor against Burnley, and will look to regain lost pride against Wigan Athletic today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources