Ferguson sets 90 point target for Manchester United
London: Sir Alex Ferguson is aiming for an unprecedented fourth consecutive Premier League title and has consequently set Manchester United a target of 90 points, if they are to retain their title as champions of England.
"There is not much leeway," Ferguson told Sky Sports.
"Last season we had a points total of 90 and even though we say it is the most competitive league, you still have to think of that figure to be the winner.”
"Liverpool got 86 last season, which is an exceptional total too, but they only finished second."
The Red Devils recently suffered a shock 1-0 defeat at Turf Moor against Burnley, and will look to regain lost pride against Wigan Athletic today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'